|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
|Relationships||Hero of Oakvale (Best Friend/Rival)
The Guildmaster (Mentor)
|Last Appearance||Fable II (mentioned)|
- "Think you can beat me Farmboy?"
- — Whisper challenging the Hero of Oakvale
Whisper is the Hero of Oakvale's childhood friend and rival in Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and Fable Anniversary. She is an acrobat who fights with a pole staff. While using her agility to her advantage in combat, she can use bombs when fighting multiple enemies.
Whisper is first mentioned by Weaver when the Hero of Oakvale is first brought to the Heroes' Guild, being referred to as one of their brightest young pupils. After the Hero is awakened by her, Whisper mentions that he talks in his sleep, as well as the fact that he is shorter than she had expected. She trains with the Hero when he is a boy, and the two quickly develop a rivalrous, but strong, friendship. She is constantly in the shadow of her older brother's success, but remains determined to become stronger.
Whisper and the Hero battle against each other during a few quests. When the Hero competes in the Arena, Whisper joins him at the beginning of the third round. Working side-by-side, the Hero and Whisper manage to defeat multiple Balverines, Bandits, Undead, Trolls, and even the mighty Arachanox, only to be pitted against each other in a fight to the death, thanks to the interference of Jack of Blades. The player can choose to kill Whisper or not, earning 10,000 Gold should he choose to kill her.
If playing The Lost Chapters, and the player chooses not to kill Whisper, the Hero can meet Whisper in the Oakvale tavern, where she reveals that she is leaving, acknowledges the Hero's superiority as a hero, and tells him how he has been a good friend. However, if the player strikes her in any way, Whisper tells the Hero that she is leaving, and that at first she thought that the Hero let her live out of kindness, but now she thinks it was to make her have to live with the shame.
If the player lets Whisper live, the Oracle reveals that she returns to her homeland in the South Islands, where she defends her people and is praised as a true Hero. On the way there, her ship is said to have been attacked by pirates, all of which are killed.
On occasion, a child will ask a male NPC in the game to read them the story of Whisper, for it is their favourite.
- "Don't do it, Farmboy. We agreed. Just... walk... out..."
- — Whisper begging for her life
Powers and Abilities
Whisper mostly uses melee weapons in combat. When the Hero of Oakvale engages with her in the Arena she uses the Assassin Rush ability. This spell is different than the one Hero of Oakvale can learn: the trail left behind is white. Whisper also uses this spell to rush forward towards the Hero and attack with her staff. Furthermore, she is also capable of using explosives in battle.
- Whisper's brother Thunder states that Whisper has a soft spot for the Hero of Oakvale and even looks up to him, during a quest.
- Whisper and Maze are the only two Heroes to wield staves.
- Like Balverines, Whisper can jump high into the air, temporarily leaving the screen, before coming down behind you.
- When talking to Whisper in the Arena Waiting Room, her dialogue implies that she was also on the White Balverine quest, but you beat her to it.
- In Fable and Fable: The Lost Chapters, Whisper is the only character to use explosive devices as a ranged weapon (Enflame Bomb).
- Unused dialogue for the Arena quest suggests that Whisper bribed her way to get in there and that she hasn't seen you in a very long time.
- Sometimes, Whisper will wear a hood during cutscenes.
- She is voiced by Melissa Lloyd.
|Fable||Hero of Oakvale • Briar Rose • Scythe • Whisper • Thunder • Scarlet Robe • Weaver • Maze • Jack of Blades|
|Fable II||Hero of Bowerstone • Garth • Hammer • Reaver|
|A Hero's Tale||Hero of Southcliff|
|Fable III||Hero of Brightwall • Reaver|