|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
|This article is about the weapon. For the enemy, see Harbinger.|
|Base Value||44100 gold|
|Acquisition||Temple of Avo|
The Harbinger is a legendary longsword in Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and Fable Anniversary. The way to obtain it is to pull it out of a stone, similar to the way King Arthur did in his fabled story.
This longsword was forged by the twins Elda and Essa. After its creation, they used it to cut off each others' hands, ensuring that the world would never see another weapon like it.
- Main article: The Sword in the Stone
In order to remove the sword from its stone, your Hero must have upgraded physique 5 times, health 2 times, and toughness 3 times after your first attempt at pulling the sword from the stone. Please note that having full stats will allow you to succeed as well.
- An advantage to the Harbinger is that it does not require much of the Hero to acquire it (provided he not upgrade his Strength until he reaches it), making it the most powerful light weapon available before entering The Arena. It is important to note that the Harbinger has the third highest rate of damage per minute of ANY weapon that can be used before defeating Jack of Blades.
- For some reason, the sword is facing the wrong way whenever it is sheathed. But when the hero unsheathes it, the orb at the front of the weapon is magically facing away from the Hero instead, which is how it should be at all times.
- The Harbinger is referred to as the "Sword of Strength" in the game files.
- There is an unused sword in the game, known as Slayer, which may have been the original concept for the Harbinger. The description for this weapon claims that its original owner was called Huw the Divine and similar to the lore for the Harbinger, he plunged the sword into the living rock awaiting someone strong enough to pull it out.