|This article is about the location. For the members of the court, see Shadow Judges.|
|Tomb in Wraithmarsh|
|Related Quests||Returning the Dark Seal|
The Shadow Court is a location in Wraithmarsh. You need the Dark Seal from Reaver to enter. This is where shadows make their first appearance in the game (unless Defender of the Light was completed previously). It is home to the Shadow Judges.
After the rebuilding of Oakvale after the Bandit Raid a young man from this village made a deal with the Shadow Judges. This man gained eternal life, but lost all his friends and his lover as the people of Oakvale were killed. After these events, the young man took on the name Reaver. Oakvale and Barrow Fields were consumed by the marshes of Darkwood. This gigantic swamp was called "Wraithmarsh", which became infested with many evil creatures like Hollow Men and Banshees.
During the quest Returning the Dark Seal The Hero of Bowerstone ventures into the Shadow Court to "return" the Dark Seal. He/She meets the Shadow Judges in a gigantic well made of tombs. As it seems Reaver has to continue sacrificing other people to remain young himself. Reaver intended that the Hero of Bowerstone's youth would be given to the shadows. A girl, Elizabeth, has accidentally teleported herself to the Shadow Court. The Hero of Bowerstone can choose to either sacrifice his/her own or Elizabeth's youth. However the central Judge mentions that Reaver cannot always sacrifice people and that one day, when the sacrifices stop, they will come for him.
See The Future
The Shadow Court also features in the Snowglobe. Here it is the source of the colourless curse. Shadow Worshippers are found inside the complex. Inside is also a tree with the book The Grumpy Rabbit. To get inside you have to have freed all the villagers and received the Red Seal from Madame Ursulla. The Shadow Judges or the "tomb well" are not seen here. In their place are three extremely weak dark monks, representing one technique each.
- The central Judge has a model similar to Theresa's, which has caused much fan speculation.
- During a February 2020 Twitch livestream by streamer RTGame, this similarity was brought up, and a former Lionhead employee under the username Lionbum71 in the chat dismissed the reuse of assets as "utter laziness".
- Another theory is that the the woman leading the Shadow Court is Myrtle/Chesty. The lore of Waraithmarsh, the Shadow Court, and Chesty is explored in the Snowglobe portion of the See the Future DLC.
- They are not to be confused with The Court, the group of beings from the Void.
- Murdering a villiager in The Shadow Court will not add evil points to your Logbook.