WARNING: This section or article may contain spoilers!
|Games|| Fable III|
|First Appearance||Reaver's Manor|
|Related Quests|| The Masquerade|
The Desert Star
The Key to a Greater Key
A Relic of Ages Past
The Prophetic Hermit
Sand Furies are enemies in Fable III native to the deserts of Aurora, and are mostly found in the region Shifting Sands. Sand Furies are extremely acrobatic and have great reflexes and are even known to dodge and block bullets. They will back-flip away from charged Will abilities if they are given the space to do so.
It is confirmed that all Sand Furies are female in the description of the Desert Fury pistol. It is most likely they are human, though there are hints that they are some sort of humanoid desert creature. They are masters of ambushing travellers, and can burrow into the sand, popping up in order to surround their targets. Their weapons of choice appear to be katanas and a small crossbow.
There appear to be at least two types of Sand Fury:
Sand Furies - These are the weakest of the two types and can take roughly 5-6 hits with a 5 star melee weapon. They wield a Master Katana and are usually the first to attack.
Sand Fury Matriarchs - These are strongest of the two types and can take roughly 8-9 hits with a 5 star melee weapon. They wield a Daichi styled katana and usually hold back and allow the weaker Sand Furies to attack first.
- Sand Furies seem to replace Highwaymen of Fable II, due to the fact they have similar fighting styles and like to ambush the hero.
- Reaver uses Sand Furies to fight the Hero and Page during the quest The Masquerade.
- They have a strong weakness to fire and when set alight by either spell or barrel they will flee until the flames extinguish.
- When killed by a shock spell their skeleton is shown to be human.
- In the Fable III Limited Collectors Edition card deck, a red Sand Fury is seen as the Queen of Clubs.
- Because of their agility and their acrobatic movements, fighting them with a powerful hammer, such as The TYPO, is highly recommended, as the hits from a hammer have a slight knock-back effect, which prevents them from attacking you.
- Sand Furies also seem to leave a trail of sand when hit, rather than blood.
- Sand Furies also bleed blood, but only when struck multiple times.
- It seems that there were once male sand furies but they were killed using the Desert Fury.
- Their faces are never shown, and Barry Hatch makes a comment on this during The Masquerade Quest when the Hero first encounters them with Page.
- Sand Furies will not follow the hero into waist deep water.
- An early piece of concept art for the Sand Furies labelled them as "Dervishes" instead of Sand Furies.
- Earlier concept art for the Sand Fury showed them as being closer to human desert marauders.
- During the The Desert Star quest, if the player stands in the pool of water within the chamber containing the diamond, the Sand Furies will not attack or go near the player. This makes it easy to kill them with ranged or magic attacks.