Lionhead Studios is a video game development company that was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 by Peter Molyneux. They have created many successful video games, including the Fable series of games. In April of 2006 Lionhead Studios was purchased by Microsoft Game Studios. On 7 March 2012, Peter Molyneux announced he was leaving Lionhead to work at an independent developer. Lionhead co-founder Mark Webley has taken over as head of the studio , while Gary Carr has filled the role of Creative Director .
List of Games Created
- Black & White
- Black & White 2
- Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods
- The Movies
- The Movies: Stunts & Effects
- Fable: The Lost Chapters
- Fable II Pub Games (supervised, not developed by)
- Fable II
- Fable III
- Fable Heroes
- Fable: The Journey
In Fable II, Lionhead made a few references to themselves in the game.
- Leo Head is a reference to Lionhead since Leo means lion.
- Lion Head Isle is an island near Bloodstone and its name is a reference to Lionhead.
- A Lionhead back tattoo can be found in Fable: The Lost Chapters.
- A Lionhead tattoo featuring the Lionhead logo can be achieved by completing "A Hero's Tale" - once completed it can be found in the Guild Hall chest. To achieve it the Player must choose the Hero Crown (left).
- In Fable III, while in Driftwood, if you try to swim towards the Spire, you will be stopped by an invisible wall and will be able to see the Lionhead Studios logo under water.