WARNING: This section or article may contain spoilers!
|Home||Bowerstone Castle, Sanctuary|
|Relationships|| Hero of Brightwall (Master/Mistress)|
Logan (Former Master)
|First Appearance||Fable III|
|Last Appearance||Fable III|
- "Flawless! Who could resist you?"
- — Jasper to the Hero of Brightwall
Jasper is the butler of the Royal Family in Fable III voiced by John Cleese. He has cared for the protagonist since childhood. He's a well spoken man, hating anything that lacks hygiene, especially bats. After the intro with the Rebel Chicken, Jasper is the first character to speak in the game.
After entering the Sanctuary, he will find a book left by the Hero of Bowerstone containing information on all there is to know about being a Hero and the room itself. He will reside in the Sanctuary for most of the game, and will make recommendations on the player's wardrobe and weaponry based on the situation or mission the player is embarking upon. If you approach Jasper and press A, he'll explain anything in the room that you're in.
- Jasper looks almost identical to the butler at the end of Fable II, if the player has purchased Fairfax Castle.
- His humour is inspired by Monty Python, a group of British comedians which John Cleese was a member of. Source: Lionhead
- Jasper's appearance is similar to that of John Cleese, his voice actor.
- He apparently has as much AI as the dog in Fable II, and any other NPC found in the Fable games. (Stated by Peter Molyneux here).
- A headstone reading "Chris Gibson. Got in Jasper's way." can be found near Mourningwood Fort.
- There is a bug where Jasper will become mute for the rest of the game, this can possibly be game-breaking by not allowing you to receive certain items. Fortunately, there is a cure! Jasper Mute Glitch - Fixed!!
- Jasper dislikes bats, as shown in Leaving The Castle.
- In the Fable III Limited Collectors Edition card deck, Jasper is the Jack of Hearts and is seen holding a chicken on one half and a lit bomb on the other half.
- If you play online co-op with another hero who has not finished the game or become King/Queen, he repeats the statements made when you return to the sanctuary after becoming King/Queen and beating the game upon your next two returns to the sanctuary. This is a good way to hear these statements should you have missed them the first time around.
- During the Hero's encounter with The Crawler, Jasper will disappear from the sanctuary. However, after the encounter, Jasper will return as if nothing has happened, and will not even mention his disappearance.
- While in the Sanctuary's armoury, Jasper will often remark, "Any one of these is ideal for home defence." This is likely a reference to the film The Terminator. In the film, during the scene when the Terminator is perusing weapons at a pawn shop, the clerk says this exact line.
- "Whatever you say -- or don't."
- — Jasper to the Hero of Brightwall
- "No, no don't do that! Not that I would presume to tell you your business. I merely request that your business does not include scaring me like that."
- — Jasper to a Hero wearing scary clothes
- "Excellent! I salute you -- metaphorically speaking -- my bursitis is acting up today."
- — Jasper on the Military Suit
- "Well if someone was looking to hire a mercenary, I should think they would look no further than you. There's a compliment in there -- I'm sure of it."
- — Jasper to a good Hero wearing the Women's Mercenary Suit
- "Ah! Ah... that is... such a truly wonderful combination, I think I may need to go lie down."
- — Jasper to an evil Hero wearing the Women's Mercenary Suit
- "Some boots are made for dancing, some for walking; those boots were made for... Good heavens."
- — Jasper on the Women's Mercenary Boots
- "A wonderful choice of glove! You know those are designed to handle the crown; they have a special no-slip palm."
- — Jasper on the Queen's Gloves
- "Any Princess would be proud to call those slippers her own. Although if she did you would probably say, "Hey, those are mine!""
- — Jasper on the Elegant Princes Slippers