|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
WARNING: This section or article may contain spoilers!
Learn how to fish.
- Practice fishing in Fisher Creek.
The goal is simply to catch your first fish. Find the nearby ripple in the lake, and cast your line out. After following the brief instructions on how to use your Fishing Rod, you will catch a Golden Fish.
- The quest does not start until you save the fisherman.
- If you exit the area without killing all of the Wasps and saving the fisherman, the next time you enter the area the cut scene will replay and all of the Wasps will again be alive.
- If you exit the area after saving the fisherman without catching the Golden Fish, the quest will disappear from your quest log and you will not be able to complete the quest. You will still be able to fish as normal however. Also, the 100-gold fishing spot only appears during this quest before you leaving this area.
- If you steal from the fisherman's cabin after saving him from the wasps, the fishing competition may not start.
- If you are playing Fable: The Lost Chapters, the fisherman will mention he is reviving the old Fishing Competition, which is the succeeding quest and only available to Fable: The Lost Chapters. Beware if you save your game in Fisher Creek just after completing this quest by catching the Golden Fish and before leaving this area, when you load your save the fisherman disappears and you will never start the Fishing Competition!
- You do not have to cast your line on the nearby ripple to catch the Golden Fish, casting it anywhere in Fisher Creek that is close enough to the water will catch you the same prize. The ripple shown in the cut scene however will still disappear.