|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
|Area of Darkwood|
The Darkwood Bordello is a location in Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable Anniversary. Although located in the dangerous Darkwood area, the Bordello itself is a safe haven where there are no hostile creatures. Here, the Hero could buy sexual services from various prostitutes, often with hilarious outcomes. The building's purpose may be changed by doing the quest in which the player may start running the brothel or give the girls freedom and change it into a shelter for homeless women. You’ll find the passage to Darkwood Bordello in Darkwood Lake. There you will be welcomed by Madame Minzche, who will tell you about the troublesome owner of the place. You’ll have to find the Bordello Deeds in order to get rid of him.
An oasis of love, luxury, and depravity in the middle of the dangerous forests of Darkwood.
Grope is the owner of the Darkwood Bordello before the Hero comes to the secluded, safe area in Darkwood. The Hero is told that he is an unfair master to the female residents. However, he can be usurped from power if the Hero has the Bordello Deeds, the location of which is known only to Grope.
Grope will disclose the whereabouts of the Deeds to the Hero if a) the Hero gets him drunk by giving him beers, in which case Grope will go upstairs to sleep it off, or b) the Hero clothes himself in a dress and wears the Redhead Wig (which can be obtained from a dresser on the second floor of the Bordello), then proceeds to sleep with Grope. In both scenarios, Grope will divulge the Deeds' location whilst muttering in his sleep.
The Deeds can be dug up from under an old tree down by the lake. Once the Hero gains the Rights to the Bordello they are presented with a choice:
- Keep the Bordello in its current state (Note: this is an evil act and will gain you evil alignment points.)
- The women will continue working as prostitutes to visitors. The Hero may employ their services at no cost.
- This choice also allows rent to be collected.
- Alternatively, the Hero can gift the Bordello Deeds to Madame Minzche.
- The Bordello is converted into the Darkwood Women's Refuge.
- The Hero receives 400 light points and respect from the Women of the Refuge.
- This choice can be made at any time after taking control of the Bordello but is not reversible without reloading a previous save.
The Demon Door in the Darkwood Bordello area demands that you must have had intercourse at least ten times. He will open once he knows of the Hero's sexual prowess, allowing the Hero to get the Pimp's Hat. Right before opening, the Demon Door sadly asks, "What's it like?" This is an allusion to a skit from Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Areas & Items of Interest
- Redhead Wig can be found upstairs.
- The Demon Door is a must for Pimps and Collectors alike.
- The Bordello offers a shop which the Hero can use to trade in as well as buy food and refreshments from a hard day's work.
- There is a small patch of dirt near the small square bench area. Digging in the corner nearest the bordello gives you the Balverine Tattoo.
- Fish in the fountain pond to get a Moonfish and a Health potion.
- Once you either make Grope drunk or sleep with him, you will discover the location of the Bordello deeds. Also, wearing a dress and the wig that can be found upstairs, the player may earn 1k by sleeping with Grope, and 200 by sleeping with other customers. It is commonly used by players to get money fast.
- This location is available only in Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable Anniversary.
- The Darkwood Bordello only opens after you complete the quest Trader Escort.
- The Darkwood Bordello does not appear in Fable II, nor is it mentioned at any time. However, prostitutes can still be found in the darker regions such as Bloodstone, Westcliff, and Bowerstone Old Town (if the Corrupt Route is taken.) Furthermore, unprotected sex with prostitutes of the opposite sex will never result in the Hero having a child, although this is true for any person that the Hero is not married to.
- There are three statues in the Bordello, two being of goddesses: Lamentia is the Goddess of Painful Love while Sylkana is the Goddess of Tender Love.
- The original Bordello owner, Mr. Grope, is very similar to the Gravekeeper in the quest "The Graveyard Path" later in the game: He has the same basic frame, the same facial features and the same hairstyle, although it is dark rather than red. He also has the same voice tone, possibly even the same voice.
- You cannot marry any of the prostitutes, even if you choose to liberate the women.
- If you choose to find the deeds by getting Grope drunk, you will see him standing in his usual place by the counter but he will be slouched over and relaxed as if drunk. When you present the deeds to Madame, the cutscene will play and he will converse normally, after abruptly returning to a standing position. Then, he will stumble out of the door as if drunk again.
- If the player obtains the Redhead Wig elsewhere and enters this location for the first time while clothed with a dress and the wig, Madame Minzche will mistake the Hero for a girl and change the first line of her welcome speech, offering the hero a position in the Bordello, the rest of the welcome speech remains the same.