|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
|Circle of the Dead|
|Area of Lychfield|
|Related Quests||The Graveyard Path|
|Exits||Old Graveyard Path|
The Circle of the Dead is a location in Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and Fable Anniversary. It is the area of the Lychfield Graveyard beyond the Demon Door. To open this door you must gather every piece of Nostro's armour. When entering the Circle of the Dead you must defeat eight weak undead, then three stronger undead. This opens the secret passage leading to Bargate Prison. This is complicated by the fact that the undead can only be damaged while inside the deceptively small ring.
A mysterious stone circle, built in a style unlike any used in recent centuries.
- “Kevin – what’s left of him is buried here.”
- “Charlton of Edwardshire. His legendary sniping skills coundn’t keep him from harm”
- “Benjamin, Leader of the Board, perished abroad”
- “Here lieth Robbo the Great, kicker of several heads extraordinaire.”
- “Nicholas Ricks. Produced meetings from his bag of tricks”
- “Thanos – joined an army in a far off land. This is all that came back”
- “G. Malpeli. A man whose only goal in life was to hang. He did.”
- “Kaspar D. Engineered his own demise.”
- “M. Bell. His friends hope he isn’t in hell.”
- “John. Didn’t even have time to say Bye.”
- “The Knight Sir Pauç. Inventor of the Enhanced Listening Helmet.”
- “N. Whitehead rests here. His loud, intrusive manner was his downfall.”
- “W. Braham – localized under ground.”
- “R.I.P. Dan Smith. Killed by the legendary Varsity Troll.”
- Any Undead fought in the area must be inside the circle structure on the ground to be touchable, otherwise they became ghost-like and cannot be hit. On the other hand they can hit the player anywhere despite being untouchable.
- In the quest The Menagerie in Fable III, the Hero will cross areas with ancient structures at the Godwin State that are eerily reminiscent of the Circle of the Dead, which also bears its same powers of turning ghost-like Hollow Men touchable.