|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
|Relatives||Scarlet Robe (Spouse)|
Hero of Oakvale (Son)
Old Adventurer (Brother-in-law)
Hero of Southcliff (Descendant)
Hero of Bowerstone (Descendant)
Hero of Brightwall (Descendant)
|Last Appearance||Fable: The Journey|
- "Hmm, I tell you what. I'll give you a gold piece for each good deed you do around Oakvale."
- — Brom
Having been a woodsman from Oakvale, he nursed Scarlet Robe back to health after she ended up injured in an attack by twelve Balverines. The couple later married, and had two children: Theresa and the Hero of Oakvale.
Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable Anniversary
At the beginning of the games, Brom puts in his best effort to lead his son on the path of good. He rewards his son with a gold piece for every good deed he performs around Oakvale. Since the gold pieces are necessary to buy Theresa a birthday gift, the Hero of Oakvale has the option to be good or evil. Upon receiving the birthday gift, Theresa senses something is wrong, and the bandits begin their invasion. Soon after, in the cut-scene, it is mentioned that Brom had been killed in the bandit raid on Oakvale, while trying to protect his family.
After Oakvale is rebuilt, a statue of Brom is erected in the town's Memorial Garden, in his memory. A grave can also be found in Lychfield Graveyard that states, "Here lies Brom. Lost his family and his life to bandits."
When the Hero of Bowerstone first enters the Chamber of Fate, a painting depicts the bandit raid that occurred on Oakvale. It reveals Brom being murdered by a masked man with a red hood, assumed to be Jack of Blades.
Later on, when the player travels through Wraithmarsh, the ruins of Oakvale, there is a grave that can be found. It reads, "Brom. Perished in the bandit attack.".
Fable: The Journey
Theresa mentions that her father fell first in the village raid.
- "Daydreaming again, were you? Just like your mother; mind always wandering."
- — Brom after he wakes up his son
- "Well done, lad. Here's your reward for those good deeds."
- — Brom (if the Hero chooses to be good)
- "I heard you're being bad..."
- — Brom (if the Hero chooses to be evil)
- Unused dialogue for the character Theresa was meant to foreshadow the death of Brom, during The Oakvale Raid.
- An unused quest known as Heroes Old Home suggests that Brom was meant to re-appear as a ghost in the Oakvale Memorial and that he would reveal the location of the key to your family home. This whole sub-plot was either removed from the game or was never finished.