|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
|Break the Siege|
|Succeeding||Unlocks Archery Competition & Assassin Attacks|
- No Protection
- Without a Scratch
- Fist Fighter
- Solo Mission
- Kill Leader (Kill the Bandit Siege leader)
Knothole Glade is under attack by bandits. When you go to Knothole Glade you will speak with the Bandit Siege Leader in a camp outside the gates to the town. He will tell you that they will raze the town if they do not release the bandit leader that the town is holding. The town leader will tell you that he refuses and tells you to kill all the bandits.
Talk to the guard by the gates to open them. When you do, the bandits will start attacking. You must kill them all before the bandit leader escapes while you are fighting the bandits.
It is not actually necessary to open the gates. When approaching the gates from inside the town, take a left and you will walk up a small path to a small lookout tower. From there you can hit all of the bandits, whether you can see them or not. Just aim around the campfire and eventually you can kill them all. Also, you can shoot them through the gate with your bow. Move directly on the gate door near a decent crack and aim with your bow. You may see wood, but just move your targeting reticule around until it turns red and fire. Once you kill them all, the gates fly open and the quest is complete.
Also, if you accidentally let a bandit slip past you, you can shock him with Lightning which will stop him in his tracks and enable you to kill him before he goes any further.
Do not kill the leader or you will fail the quest.
Watch out for area of effect spells like Force Push, only use spells that you are sure won't target friendlies. You could inadvertently hit the Guard and he will begin attacking you. You might also kill the bandit leader.
- An easy way to complete this quest involves a little trick called "Summon Clipping". Get a Bandit summon and summon him inside the gate sideways, with any luck you'll clip through the gate and kill the bandits painlessly.
- If you do hit the Guard by the gates, you will find out that he has infinite health. He will keep attacking you until you finish the quest and leave the area, either on foot or using the Guild Seal.
- A good tactic is to use the Multi Arrow spell to finish the bandits off easily, if you choose to use the alternative method of not opening the gate.
- There are 2 guards who will follow you if you use the follow expression on them.
- The easiest way to complete this quest is to head up the ramp to the left of the town gates, until you reach the horn. From there you can shoot the 4 bandits with a bow or crossbow weapon. When all 4 have been executed the quest ends.