|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
|Bandit Spy Extraction|
|Succeeding||Gateway to Hook Coast|
- No Protection
- Without a Scratch
- Fist Fighter
- Guard Massacre
- Trader Massacre
- Solo Mission
"A bandit gang asks you to spring one of their spies from a Trader Convoy. Unknown to the spy, a trap awaits him."
A woman named Tanya will be your contact in Bowerstone North; she will explain that you have to rescue a spy before the net closes in on him.
In Bowerstone Jail you will find a group of bandits that will be willing to offer you their help for a price. They are not really necessary but can be used as a distraction. The convoy is protected by many guards, who get stronger the more you advance. Guards can significantly hinder your progress in this quest, so it is recommended that they be killed. Once you find the spy, the other traders may also try to kill him. It must be noted that if the trader convoy reaches the Prison Path, the spy will be killed and the quest failed. Once you return to Bowerstone Jail, more guards will appear and if you didn't hire the bandits, they will probably be killed by the guards. When you get back in Bowerstone North with the spy safe, the quest is complete.
The traders in the convoy carry very valuable items, including augmentations, jewels and food. There are several boasts in this quest, including killing all traders and guards. If you decide to kill all guards, make sure to get the last of them that are found in Gibbet Woods.
How the Quest can be failed
- If Otto reaches the trap in Gibbet Woods.
- If Otto dies while trying to escort him back to Bowerstone North.
- Otto will always be the trader with the long moustache highlighted green, all the other traders won't be highlighted when you approach them. Otto will also be the large green dot on the minimap instead of the smaller darker green dot the other traders are displayed as in the quest.
- Otto has very little health. Be sure to kill all the Guards in the area before talking to Otto. The Heal Life spell will be helpful in case he gets damaged.
- Trader Massacre and Guard Massacre kills have to be by the Hero, otherwise the kills won't count meaning the boasts will fail.
- Guards will spawn in Windmill Hill as soon as you talk to Otto and he follows you and you are in or enter the area.
- Otto's NPC might softlock and not follow if you make him wait in another map area while you kill Guards in a different one.
- One of the easiest ways to achieve all the Boasts for this quest:
- Allow Otto to go to Windmill Hill and kill all the guards in Bowerstone Jail.
- Allow Otto to go to Gibbet Woods, DO NOT enter Gibbet Woods just yet, but do kill all the Guards and Traders in Windmill Hill.
- Go back to Bowerstone Jail, more Guards will have spawned there.
- Now go to Gibbet Woods, kill any remaining Traders and Guards as well as the two Guards at the top of the map. Talk to Otto to get him to follow you.
- Going back to Windmill Hill, more Guards will have spawned, kill them.
- Finish the quest.
- By doing the quest in this order, you keep Otto from danger for as long as possible (the only Guards you have to worry about by following this method are the ones that spawn in Windmill Hill), as well as avoid potentially softlocking Otto's NPC.